Using social media for marketing can enable small business looking to further their reach to more customers. Your customers are interacting with brands through social media, therefore, having a strong social media marketing planned presence on the web is the key to tapping into their interest. If implemented correctly, marketing with social media can bring remarkable success to your business.
In marketing a small business, customer loyalty and rapport is absolutely essential. Small businesses, quite simply, do not have the financial backing of a large corporation or household brand. They cannot afford thousands, if not millions, of advertising rands, and they do not have established brand loyalty like larger companies, that may be able to sell products and services based on name recognition alone. Marketing your small business takes a lot more work, and often, that work is on a much smaller budget.
The good news is that social media marketing for small business is incredibly useful, providing a highly affordable service with a great return on investment. This is a bit of a good news/bad news situation in terms of marketing, though. For example, Facebook limits the number of visible posts to potential clients via their website algorithm, so if you’re simply managing your own company’s page, you may be reaching 6% or less of potential clients. However, if you really want to use social media to market your small business effectively, you can use a social media or digital marketing agency that can help you overcome the algorithms built into websites to reach a huge pool of potential customers.
Social media marketing can help with a number of goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences
Only by establishing your goals can you measure your social media ROI.
Here are some social media marketing tips to keep you on the right track across all your social media campaigns.
- Planning – As discussed previously, building a social media marketing plan is essential. Consider keyword research and brainstorm content ideas that will interest your target audience.
- Content is King — Consistent with other areas of online marketing, content reigns king when it comes to social media marketing. Make sure you are offering valuable information that your ideal customers will find interesting. Create a variety of content by implementing social media images, videos, and infographics in addition to classic text-based content.
- Consistent Brand Image — Using social media for marketing enables your business to project your brand image across a variety of different social media platforms. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, your business’ core identity should stay consistent.
- Blog — Blogging is a great social media marketing tool that lets you share a wide array of information and content with readers. Your company blog can also serve as your social media marketing blog, in which you blog about your recent social media efforts, contests, and events.
- Links — While using social media for marketing relies primarily on your business sharing its own unique, original content to gain followers, fans, and devotees, it’s also great to link to outside articles as well. If other sources provide great, valuable information you think your target audience will enjoy, don’t be shy about linking to them. Linking to outside sources improves trust and reliability, and you may even get some links in return.
- Track Competitors — It’s always important to keep an eye on competitors—they can provide valuable data for keyword research, where to get industry-related links, and other social media marketing insight. If your competitors are using a certain social media marketing technique that seems to be working for them, do the same thing, but do it better!
- Measure Success with Analytics —You can’t determine the success of your social media marketing strategies without tracking data. Google Analytics can be used as a great social media marketing tool that will help you measure your triumphant social media marketing techniques, as well as determine which strategies are better off abandoned. Attach tracking tags to your social media marketing campaigns so that you can properly monitor them.
Contact us to enquire about Social Media Marketing for your business.